Deadlines/ Important Dates
Abstract submission opens 17 September 2018
Abstract submission closes 21 December 2018
Notification of acceptance/rejection 1 March 2019
Your abstracts will be published by Karger in the Journal of Vascular Research Post Conference.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically via the ESM-EVBO 2019 website.
The ESM-EVBO 2019 Organizing Committee is granted the right to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, and store the abstract for the purposes of the ESM-EVBO 2019 conference. Authors will retain copyright of their abstract. Please note your abstracts will be published in the Karger in the Journal of Vascular Research, after the conference.
Each author must approve the content of the abstract and has given permission to be listed as an author/presenter. The presenting author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors of the status of the abstract.
At least one author must be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The author will notify the ESM-EVBO 2019 Organizing Committee immediately if they are unable to present or if the presenter is changed.
The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract. Where required, human and or animal research ethics approval has been obtained for the project described in the abstract. Documentation may be requested.
The abstract will be reviewed by members of the ESM-EVBO 2019 Local Organizing Committee and the International Scientific Committee for presentation selection; all decisions are final.
We are looking for poster presenters.
Costs associated with conference attendance, travel, or abstract preparation, presentation, and submission are the sole responsibility of the author/s.
Revision requests must be in writing by email. Changes in authorship require signature by all authors. Do not submit the same abstract more than once.
Withdrawal requests must be made by email.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- The title or text is not to indicate the country of origin, unless it is pertinent to the topic.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit an accurate abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be published IN JVR as typed by the author, if accepted.
Theme/topic information available – you can select 1 for consideration for symposium presentation:
1. Lymphatic vessels in development and disease
2. Cerebral circulation, from arterioles to arteries from animals to humans
3. Biomechanical factors in arterial disease
4. Endothelial Cell adhesion
5. Vascular ageing and senescence , pathogenesis, rejuvenation
6. The ‘other’ cerebral circulation: paravascular channels and lymphatics
7. Angiogenesis in regeneration and disease
8. Intra-arterial treatment in Acute Ischemic Stroke: how to clean up the microcirculation?
9. Non-coding RNA in pathological vascular remodelling
10. Vascular cell heterogeneity
11. Oxidative stress and Inflammation
12. Vascular cell plasticity and clonality
13. Clinical microvascular dysfunction in cardiometabolic diseases
14. Vascular Pathophysiology, diagnostics, and treatment
15. Resistance arteries
16. Endothelial metabolism and mitochondrial function in angiogenesis
17. Vascular drug targeting
- Word count of abstract: 400 words (excluding the title and contact information of authors). Introduction/objective, methods, results, conclusion. No figures or tables permitted.
- The abstract should include a sentence stating the study objective (unless given in the title); a brief statement of methods, a summary of the results obtained; and a statement of the conclusions. It is not satisfactory to say “the results will be discussed.”
- Enter the title of your abstract in Title Case (i.e. cap the first letter of each word, except prepositions). Do not put a period at the end of the abstract title.
- Capitalize initial letters of trade names.
- Use standard abbreviations for units of measure.
- Abbreviations should be spelled out in full at first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- Include the source of research support in the separate text box provided on the submission form.
- Do not enter the title or authors again in the body of the abstract.